Yoga Pose for Flexibility
Grab a yoga mat and get ready to get long and lean! this posture helps remove fat from the body and increase flexibility. This yoga routine also helps to reduce your stress level. The name Pashimottanasana comes from the Sanskrit word “paschima” meaning “back of body”, and “uttana” meaning “intense stretch” or “straight extended” and “asana” meaning “posture”. Paschimottanasana is a fine stretching exercise of the body. In one continuous movement, almost all the posterior muscles get fully stretched and relaxed. This helps to improve the function of the abdominal organs and sets right respiratory disorders. It also helps to improve memory
Benefits of Paschimotttansana Pose:
- It reduces fat deposits in the abdomen.
- Stretches the lower back hamstrings and hip joints.
- Tone up the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Stretches and tone up shoulders joints.
- Prevents diabetes.
- Improves concentration, remove anxiety, anger, and irritability.
- Good for constipation and digestive disorder.
- It is helpful for common ailments such as stomach pain, headache, hip pain, back pain and body weakness.
- It acts as a stress reliever.
- Useful for increasing height.
- Regular practice can cure impotency and enhance the sexual power.
- Stimulates body parts like liver, kidneys, ovaries, and uterus.
How To Do Paschimotttansana Pose:
1) Sit on the floor, stretching both the legs together in front, hands by the side, palms resting on the ground. Fingers should remain together pointing forward.
2) Loosen you back muscles and bend the body forward as far as it is possible.
3) Maintaining this pose loosen your hands and place them where they are comfortable It would be better if they are put on the thighs.
4) Practice it daily and keep bending forward little more.Finally hold the big toes of the legs with forefingers of respective hands and place forehead on the knees.
5) After few seconds raise the head, release the big toes and come to the original position.
- Avoid doing if you have lower back pain or injuries.
- Pregnant women should not practice this pose.
- Do not bend beyond your comfort level.
- Move slowly in the pose. Do not bounce to achieve the level otherwise, it can result in muscle injuries.
- Ulcer patient should not practice.
- A person suffering from slip disc or sciatica problem, asthma should avoid Paschimottanasana.
Tone your body by doing this yoga on regular basis and see the visible changes in your body that you will love!