Yoga Bridge Pose for an Overall Healthy Body
Setu Bandhasana, Yoga Bridge Pose, purifies and strengthens the waist and neck, purifies the root chakra and increases the digestive fire. It also purifies the esophagus, heart, and lungs. The asana described should only be practiced in the order in which it is presented here.
Benefits of Yoga Bridge Pose
- Strengthens legs, back, neck, and chest
- Reduces stress
- Enhances digestion
- Improves circulation of blood
- Quiets the mind and diminishes tension
- Empowers the lungs, thyroid organs, and stomach organs
- Safe and excellent for pregnant women
- Relieves back pain
- Cures insomnia
- Helps relieve symptoms of menopause
- strengthens the back, buttocks, and hamstrings
- Rejuvenates tired legs
How To Do Yoga Bridge Pose
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and place your feet on the floor
- Keep your palms adjacent to the body, facing down
- Press your feet and arms on the floor.
- Inhale, lift your hips and chest, rolling your spine off the floor
- Keep your knees hip-width apart.
- Hold the pose for 30 to 60 sec and keep breathing easily.
- Feel the pressure on your lower spine.
- Unclasp your hands, roll them out and gently bring your upper body back to the ground with an exhale