Yoga Mudra To Increase Memory Power And For Sharp Brain
Mudra is an ancient science of healing using symbolic gestures and movements of the hands. “Mud” means bliss and “ra” means to draw, thus that which “draws bliss” is called Mudra. In yoga exercise regimes, we use postures to tone the body and build strength. Mudra is a hand yoga which is used in meditation for the same reason, toning the mind and building strength.
This is a popular Mudra that is almost synonymous with meditation. This Mudra is also known as Mudra of Knowledge. It enhances the brain activity and mental awareness. Gyan Mudra has many spiritual and health advantages. The Gyan Mudra raises the level of the element vayu (air) in the body. This mudra is done by joining together the tip of the thumb and the index finger. The tip of thumb has centers of pituitary and endocrine glands. When we press these centers with the index finger the two glands work actively. In this Mudra we use the index finger which symbolizes the individual and the thumb, which symbolizes the supreme consciousness. The remaining three straight fingers in this Mudra represents the qualities of nature which must be transcended for consciousness to pass from ignorance to knowledge.
Benefits of Gyan Mudra
- Increases memory power and sharpens the brain
- Enhances memory, concentration and prevents insomnia
- It activates brain neutrons, opens psychic centers and stimulates pineal gland
- If you practice it regularly, it will cure all psychological disorders like mental, hysteria, anger, and depression
- It is also a good mudra to release the stress and tension from the body
- It cools the temperature of the body
- This mudra helps to clear the mind, improve alertness and enhances clarity
How To Do Gyan Mudra
- Sit on the floor and relax
- Touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of the index finger
- Hold other three fingers upright, but not stiff
- Hold this position
- When practiced with palms facing up, we get insight with palms facing down, we gain a sense of grounding
- There is no particular time duration for this mudra
- You can practice by sitting, standing or lying in bed whenever and wherever you have time
This Mudra purifies the body’s biomagnetic field and shields it from negative forces. Practice this Mudra and see the positive changes in your mind and body.