How to Increase Your Flexibility
Whether it is good physical health, mental alacrity, emotional balance, freedom from stress or good interpersonal relations, Yoga has almost everything to offer. In today’s fast-paced life, yoga has become all the more important because of our exposure to various stresses and hazards with very little or no time to recuperate from its after effects. Yoga improves your level of concentration and the way of looking at things. It is not just an exercise, but a lifestyle. There are a number of benefits that it provides to your mind, body, and soul. In this article, we will talk about an amazing pose called as “Eagle Pose”. Garudasana pose (eagle pose ) is one of the best yoga poses for your good physical health.
Benefits Of Eagle Pose:
- Relieves tension in neck and shoulders
- Improves sexual vitality and control
- Improves flexibility of all 12 major joints of the body.
- Strengthens and firms legs, arms and abdomen.
- Stimulates sexual energies and energizes the body.
- Increases body alignment and function of the central nervous system.
- Improving the flexibility in the hips, knees, ankles, shoulder, elbow and wrist joints.
- Eagle Pose also supplies fresh blood to the reproductive system and kidneys.
- This pose tones thigh, and hips, shoulders and upper back.
- Reinforces and extends the lower legs and calves.
How To Do:
- Begin standing with arms at sides.
- Bend knees balance on the right foot and cross left thigh over right, then hook top of the left foot behind right calf, balance for one breath.
- Extend arms straight in front of the body and drop left arm under the right.
- Bend elbows, raise forearms perpendicular to the floor, and wrap arms, and hands, pressing palms together.
- Square hips and chest to the front wall and draw belly in and up.
- Gaze at the tips of thumbs.
- Hold for up to one minute, then gently unwind arms and legs, repeat on opposite side.
When executed properly, this pose provides better posture and helps proper functioning of the entire body. This yoga pose helps your body immensely in all major areas and joints where flexibility is critical: knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, and wrists. Enjoy the pose, relax and embrace the spirit of the Eagle.