“Halasana” is also known as the plough pose or plow because it resembles a wooden plow that is traditionally used in fields to tilt the soil. Hala is also known as the plow or plough and so the name Halasana. Halasana is one of the advanced yoga pose simple to practice and contains lots of benefits. Halasana rejuvenate the inner parts of one’s body and make it healthy again. It is also helpful for men to correct the sexual and semen related problems like ejaculation, night emission effectively.
How To Do Halasana:
Lie down on your mat straight and relaxed. Put your arms by your side with palms. facing the floor.
Now slowly lift up your legs from the floor such that a right angle is formed between your upper and lower torso, push floor from your hands so that it gets easy for you to lift your legs. Breathe and relax.
Next bring your legs more towards your upper torso and slowly lift your hips off the floor supporting and balancing yourself with your hands.
Continue lifting your legs and bring it beyond your head as much as possible so as to touch the floor beyond your head with your toes.
At this point, lift your back further so that now your shoulder and your head is resting on the floor.
Now your back has formed and arch. straighten your spine and support the two sides of your waist with your hands, elbows on the ground, breathe normally.
Hold posture for 15-30 seconds before returning back to normal position.
Benefits Of Halasana:
1) Improves the tone and strength of back muscles as the back is folded, as well as the leg muscles and abdominal muscles.
2) Removes the rigidity of the back muscles.
3) Improves the working of the spinal nerves,putting pressure on the nerves in the neck region which are predominantly sympathetic.
4) Improves the function of the thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary glands.
5) All of the other endocrine glands are regulated by these main glands and so the overall function of the endocrine is improved. This results in the improved functioning of all the systems of the body.
6) Gives a complete stretch to the spine which increases its elasticity and overall functioning.
7) Activates digestion and helps with constipation, improves the efficiency of all the abdominal organs such as the spleen, pancreas, liver and kidneys.
8) The breathing movements of the diaphragm help to massage the abdominal organs.
9) Activates the thyroid gland and thymus gland, stimulating metabolism and immunity.
10) This pose helps to reduce both belly and body fat.
Benefits for Women:
Beneficial for pelvic region.
1)Those having neck pain, spondylosis and high blood pressure should not practice this yoga pose.
2) Pregnant ladies should not try this.