Keep Your Heart Healthy And Strong With Yoga
Apana Vayu Mudra. This powerful mudra is beneficial for the health of your heart. It helps in the reduction and prevention of heart attacks. It gives your heart the ability to rest so it doesn’t have to pump as hard, and helps to slow down your heart rate, leaving you to feel relaxed with a more calm mind.
Do this yoga mudra for all heart issues – it strengthens the heart muscles, removes the blockages and regulates the blood flow
- It acts as a first aid during a heart attack and minimizes the damage to the heart muscles during a cardiac attack
- When practiced regularly, it can help eradicate the problem of palpitations
- It stimulates blood circulation and regulates blood pressure. Beneficial in case of high blood pressure (hypertension) as well as low blood pressure.
- This mudra relieves the problem of arteriosclerosis – a health condition that causes hardening and narrowing of blood vessels that obstruct blood flow to the heart
- It helps to increase the level of oxygen in your blood to relieve short breath and other breathing difficulties. If you feel shortness of breath during stair climbing, then practice Apana Vayu Mudra for 10 minutes before climbing the stairs and feel the difference yourself
- It increases the fire (heat) element in the body to stimulate the blood circulation process. Also, the increased heat will aid in blood purification.
- It increases the space element to provide more oxygen to the blood. The oxygen-rich blood will improve breathability and related heart issues.
- It increases the earth element to strengthen the heart muscles. Chronic high blood pressure can seriously damage the heart muscles to further complicate the things. Apana Vayu Mudra can reverse this damage.
Other Benefits of this Mudra for Overall Body Functions:
- This mudra also relieves nerve pain to treat migraines and improves sleep quality
- Beneficial in all sorts of muscles aches-knee pain, joint pain, arthritis, and headache
- It also promotes body detoxification to relieve constipation and various urinary problems
- It improves lung functioning to treat asthma and other respiratory problems
- It relieves excessive stomach gas to relieve bloating and flatulence, indigestion, hyperacidity and ulcer
- This mudra improves blood circulation
How To Do:
This mudra is nothing but gently touching the base of the thumb with the tip of the index finger and the tips of the middle finger and the ring finger touching the tip of the thumb. It is desirable that one does Apana Vayu Mudra with both the hands.
Benefits of Apana Vayu Mudra are not just restricted to the heart health only. It stimulates and strengthens the below organ systems of the human body to provide a wide range of health benefits. Practice it as many times as you can. Heart patient and BP patients can practice it for 15 minutes daily, even twice a day for better results. Come to your yoga mat to feel, not to accomplish. Shift your focus and your heart will grow. Spend 10-15 minutes here practicing this mudra and noticing the natural rhythm of your breath and see what happens. Enjoy!!!